I just can't believe that my baby is 6 years old. Last weekend, we had Natie's birthday party at a local farm which was perfectly suited to her love (a bit of an understatement) of animals. She had a great time with her friends first on a Clydesdale horse drawn ride around the farm and then lots of fun feeding the animals, riding on the ponies, climbing on the play equipment, getting muddy, etc.
She said that she wanted a pinata for her birthday. Thinking ahead, I asked her if she would be OK with the pinata being hit and broken. Her response was that it would be fine because there was candy involved-a good enough trade off I guess. So we pick out a cute white pony pinata. We have cake and it's time for the pinata.
Until it is decapitated...
Can you see the head swinging from the rope? This is when it hits her..."we ripped the pony's head off!!" I didn't get to capture the look of horror on her face as she comes to the realization...
4 comments:
Whenever I hear more about Natalie's fun but sad birthday I think about the Godfather. No more donkey or horse pinatas for this family! She is so photogenic. Love you, Natalie!
Looks like it was a fun time! And your cake looks like it turned out great- Happy Birthday Natalie!!
I agree!! We should have all the pinatas be things like cars. The boys in this family don't care what they get to kill as long as it has toys in it!!
I was soooo sad we missed out on all the fun. I am sure if Noelle what she was missing out on, she would be sad, too.
Post a Comment