Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Whew!!

It feels like forever since I've posted but in reality it's only been 2 weeks. I can't believe that summer is already under way (and going fast). Here's what we've been up to the last couple of weeks:


After Father's day weekend with my family in the desert, the days flew by until I had a special weekend with my mom and sister in Las Vegas. My mom took Sara and me for our birthdays (mine was an early gift). We saw Phantom of the Opera and had some fun girl time shopping.

We ate lunch at the Treasure Island Buffet one day and I have to say they have one of the best dessert bars I've seen. They had everything from cotton candy, to fresh doughnuts and homemade malted milk balls I had to post this picture for my friends who went on the cruise with us last fall..

Jeff had some father-daughter bonding time with the girls as he took them bowling and they saw Kung-Foo Panda. It was nice to be missed I was happy to return to their sweet little faces.

I finished my crazy, 6-week, 5-hour-per-class AutoCad course. I have to say that after the initial brain shock I really enjoyed the class and I think I'll take advanced AutoCad just for fun-yes I know my sense of fun has become very warped lately. But next time, I think I'll take it over the normal semester so I can have more time to digest the material.

No sooner was my class finished, it was on to another project. My friend Allison has me redesigning her bedroom. We were feeling adventurous so we laid the hardwood floors ourselves. I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the results. (I'll post a picture when I get one--we were too tired after that day to think about a picture).

This week has been a big catch up around the house...whew!! I can't believe it's already July!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Wasn't Phantom wonderful? Sounds like a fun girls weekend. And whats a girls weekend without wonderful desserts! Did you keep with our motto from the cruise, "I will take one of everything, please!" Looks good!

Suzanne said...

Wow, you've been busy. Sounds like you had tons of fun..even the Auto-Cad class. My dad used to teach that in high school. I should have taken his class. Funny what you want to learn after you've already completed school.

drdoolittle83 said...

I will agree that treasure island had the best food that we ate there. They also had the fresh pasta bar don't forget that!! But the dessert was Good!

Jo said...

Wow! How fun! I've wondered where you've been.

McB's said...

You are so lucky, I LOVE Phantom!! What a fun weekend for you with your sister and mom :)

McB's said...

Forgot to tell you, me and one of my other sisters went to Vegas a couple months ago to see my other sister for a "sisters" weekend and we went to Treasure Island and actually took pics with the Chip n Dale guys, ya, FUN!

Kim said...

Yes, it was fabulous. Lisa, do you mean Chippendale like the dancers or Chip n Dale like the cartoon chipmunks...I don't know which would be more fun--Te Hee!

Rosey Posey said...

You have to tell me all the the Vegas Phantom of the Opera show. I heard it is a little shorter but still amazing. Looks like a ton of fun. Viva Las Vegas!!!!