Jeff's brother Ryan and his wife Kelly, had their first baby this last week. Little Riley was born on June 30th and we are so happy for them.
Now it took me a while to get the details since Jeff was the one who received the message. He had called me from work for something else and mentioned, "Oh, by the way, they had the baby." No details! Is my husband the only one who can't relay important information like weight, height, name?
Since this happened on Monday, throughout the week I was thinking about them being new parents. I was reminiscing to before we had kids and when were brand new in this parenting adventure. I thought about how smart I thought I was back then. It seems like such a short time ago I was passing judgement on other parents thinking "My kids never going to act like that." HA HA! I think it really hit me this week when I said to Natie (you don't want to know the back story on this) "If a friend told you to jump off a bridge, would you?" I think I have eaten every word I ever said about what kind of a mom or how my kids were going to behave. I have no judgements about parents of teenagers :-)
...Ahhh new parents. What an great time you guys are in for. We love you!
12 years ago
9 comments:
That is so cool!!! And so true. Its always so funny to hear what single people have to say about marriage and then married's without children. How smug we all were, right? Or was that just me?? :) Congrats!
PS My husband has a memory like an elephant and remembers more detail than necessary so I can't relate. Sorry.
I learned from my older sisters that you never say that "my kids will never behave like that" because it will come back to bite you! Newborns are so precious! What a sweet picture! Congrats on the new on the neice!
Sorry - what was that last sentence? I think I am getting tired. Lets try again. Congrats on the new nephew!!
we were with my brother-in-law this weekend. he's just graduated from college and has all sorts of opinions on things... i can't wait for him to have kids and be on the other side of things!
You are lucky you even got that much info from your husband! Congrats..new babies are so yummy. Before I had kids I thought runny noses were so wrong, and swore I would never have children with snotty faces....ha ha..did anyone see KC's snot bubbles at church today? Oh how we change!
Umm- I guess I never clarified that she was a girl huh?I guess Riley could be either gender. You were right the first time Pam. A new niece :)
My brother-in-law once said something to us about Sarah when she was a year and a half--and wow, I kept that with me until he had his first....just waited and waited for the time where we could say....do you remember when you said.....:) Ahhhh sweet revenge. :)
Oh my gosh I was so one of those people let me tell you! I had to apologize to a few mothers (including one of my sisters) for passing judgements and saying when I have kids I know what NOT to do. LOL, this made me laugh.
OK I thought at first that it was a girl but then I looked at the picture and I thought the little beanie was blue. I was right the first time...sorry, congrats on the new neice! I love the name Riley for a girl!
Post a Comment