I hate stupid rules and even more so when my tax dollars go to support these retarded policies. It was time to renew my drivers license and I had received notice that I could do it by mail. Well my birthday came and went and I forgot to send it in. Once I realized this, I was totally paranoid that I was going to get pulled over. And since I have apparently lost my talent for talking my way out of a ticket, I wanted to get the thing renewed as quickly as possible. I noticed that the renewal notice had an option to renew online. So, I went to their stupid website and walked through the process but there was some code that was missing from my renewal notice-of course.
I didn't want to chance sending the thing in and waiting for the new license to come in the mail. Since I was over in the area (after taking an hour long spinning class-and mind you, I don't dress up for the gym) I decided to the pay my fee and be on my way...not exactly. Now the wait was pleasantly short, I don't even think it was 5 minutes. But once I paid them and the bureaucrat was almost done with me, she says, "Now I just need you to step over to the camera for your photo." What??!! I explained that I didn't need a photo- I was eligible to renew online so why did they need my photo now? The one I already had was perfectly awful and I still looked the same!I looked to her for some sympathy. After all she was a woman and as far as I know, a human. Well, no such mercy from her. In fact, I could even read the bit of delight she took from my frustration that I had to get a picture taken when I was clearly not in any shape to be in public, let alone photographed. She stated that anytime you go in the offices for a renewal, they have to take your picture. Blah, blah, blah....something about fraud...blah, blah.
How dumb is that? So I really had no choice. I couldn't come back after a shower and finish the process. I was trapped in their stupid rules.
Jeff took great delight when a couple of weeks later the envelope arrived. He even committed a crime and opened my mail to see the thing. I guess it's not as bad as Nick Nolte's mugshot, but it's right up there. He's threatened to do something awful with it, but I'm sure he knows better. I think it might get lost...Stupid DMV!!
12 years ago
17 comments:
Please bring your license to church tomorrow!!! After that story I HAVE to see it
K I am cracking up!! Can you please post the new picture for all of us who cannot see it in person?? LOL. Seriously, you have to post so we all can see.
I want to see the picture! PLEASE!! I won't make fun of you or laugh (out loud)...I promise!
HECK NO!! This post is a warning and rant about the DMV. I don't even show it when I need to show ID. I've been using my old one since no one bothers to look at the expiration date.
i kept scrolling down trying to find the picture because you CAN'T not post the picture after sharing all that!
hmm...DCL was actually me. sorry about that.
You gotta bring the picture to church. I'm sure it's not that bad.
That happened to me when I changed my name after getting married. I LOVED the previous picture. Ugh. I looked like a transvestite with my hair slicked back in a pony tail. Freakin' jerks! Can you tell I'm still bitter about the whole thing?
Kim,
You are so funny....but I guarantee I would be just as ticked off! I will make sure I "card" you next time your around! :)
P.S. Good idea about the bedazzler! You are so clever! :)
Hahaha! Come on Kim, you have to show us that picture! It can't be that bad! I've seen you after you just worked out and you don't look bad like you think you do! When I got my license renewed the picture came back and looked like I had been fake-baking every day for a year straight- My skin was bright orange! And I didn't even have a tan at that time! I don't know if the camera lense was just weird that day or what but it's scary looking!
Bright orange huh? Maybe they had the camera set to Umpa Lumpa mode.
Yeah, still no picture posting here. Sorry :)
For those of you that said you wouldn't laugh, you are wrong. I laughed out loud and so would all of you. If you want to know what it is like, if you mix the following occurances in a blender, you can get an idea:
Kim having just run a marathon in East LA where all the bums are, but did manage to comb her hair a little.
and
Kim saying "Are you kidding me" to a complete idiot and waiting for their lame answer.
and
Kim stating the words "I am not drunk, see, I can stand" but is not really telling the truth.
Kim told me I would be in big trouble if I photocopied her license and posted it for you guys. So I was wondering what the price would be to make it worth having her made at me, and I think I came to the conclusion it is $6. Any takers?
Jeff, I'll never be "made" at you.
And $6 is what my wrath is worth?! I guess I am too nice to you then. I'll remedy that. Start by making your own dinner tonight. :)
And your popcorn machine may disappear.
Chris and I just had renew too. I got my new one in like 5 days, he still doesn't have his! Urgh! He went the day after me. It totally doesn't make any sense.
Need I remind you that the DMV is a portal to HELL!!! The women didn't show any remorse because she was really a demon.
Post a Comment