Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Holy Smoke!!

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night and I swore I smelled something burning. I was so sure of it that I got up like 3 times to make sure I wasn't imagining things. After I woke Jeff up and he investigated and found nothing, we went back to bed and in the morning everything smelled fine.

So a few days ago we noticed that the receiver kept shutting off and there was that strange smell coming from it. Jeff thought his receiver was going bad. He pretended to be really sad that he was going to have to replace it if this was the case. On Sunday when we got home from church he decided to look into it. He went under the entertainment center and unplugged the power strip. Here's the result:
When he unplugged it there was a little flame that he blew out. Scary!! I would have been so sad if that entertainment center had gone up in flames. He replaced the outlet and so far, no burning smells. I'm so glad that Jeff was worried about his electronic equipment and he checked it. Otherwise, I might be posting from a hotel room.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Oh my goodness! That is so scary! I'm so glad nothing else happened! You are definately being watched out for!

Liz Rose said...

Ahhhhhhh! That is really, really scary! Looks like you were blessed for going to church!

Shand and Bry said...

That is so crazy! I'm so glad everything is ok. Nice work for being so perceptive and persistent!

Rosey Posey said...

Goodness gracious great outlets a fire! How creepy. I am glad that was the extent of it.