I know this could be the title of my entire blog, but this post will suffice (until my next screw up). Earlier this week, Cara brought home a permission slip to bring home one of the classroom fish. They have been raising goldfish and had a few that have survived who needed a home since summer is rapidly approaching. We already have a fish tank that houses our three angelfish (thanks Uncle Michael for those) and I didn't think goldfish would do well with angelfish.
I explained to Cara that we would not be bringing a fish home. My thinking was that since there were only 3 or 4 fish left, why not have them go to a home where they could be have a good tank by to themselves or with other goldfish.
When I pick up Cara today she is visibly upset. I ask her what is wrong and she tells me (as the tears start to flow) that she was one of the only kids who didn't get a fish. She tells me that she was sad because she felt like she missed out. What the crap?! There were only like 3 fish when I was in the classroom this morning and there are 17 kids in her class? I know they don't reproduce that fast.
So in my questioning, I find out that there was such a response from the kids that the kind room mom went and bought enough fish for everyone who had wanted one. So here I am with a 7 year old, crying over a dumb goldfish. If I had known that 13 other children were getting one, I would have let her bring one home to put in a bowl until it died a few weeks later. I know I could go to the store and spend the 20 cents to buy her one, but I don't think that was the point. I think she just felt bad because she was 1 of the 4 kids in class who did not get a stinking goldfish. Ugh!
12 years ago
4 comments:
Are you a "Loser" Mom or a "Looser" Mom? I was thinking with that title what kind of story you were going to tell? I was thinking "How can Kim be any looser?" ha ha JK The room mom was just being nice but she didn't think how it would look for all the kids but a few to get a fish. She wasn't really thinking obviously. And I have yet to visit Fresh and Easy but I have heard from a few people that it is there favorite store. I will have to go...sounds good!
Crap...I will edit that right now. I really am a Loser!
ohhhh they get so sad don't they?
Did the home room mom also produce some loafs of bread? By the way, what's up with you saying you were a looser mom? Is that as a result of going to the Flesh and Easy store???
Your favorite brother,
-Matt
Post a Comment