Friday, May 2, 2008

New Shoes!!

Anyone who knows anything about me gets how much I love shoes. I'm sure my obsession has something to do with an early childhood experience of losing a new pair of shoes in the mall because I insisted on carrying the bag....or maybe it's because I feel so deprived because I have such a hard time finding my size--and when I do, I usually get the display.

But I had to post about these because I am just too excited that I actually have made time to get back to dancing. I took ballet in college (and that was over 11 years ago). But its been about 20 years since I've taken tap and sadly the shoes still fit (if you do the math, yes I was 12 years old when my feet stopped growing) but the leather was starting to disintegrate.

I get to take a ballet/tap combo and I realize how much I've missed it. Its weird how some things come back, but the movement is a little different. I guess having kids has rearranged my center of gravity--among other things. Now if I could just find someone to take a ballroom class with me (hint, hint Jeff!)

4 comments:

Liz Rose said...

I love it!!!! What time and where is it at? You'll have to let me know how it goes! Good for you, I'm so impressed!

McB's said...

so...you're a dancing fool huh? fun for you!

Rae said...

I totally understand what you mean about throwing off your gravity. Sheesh!

Pam said...

Love the shoes! I probably haven't worn that size since I was 6. Just call me Big Foot! I can't wait to see you do a tap number for the Ward Talent Show...I will sit front row. And by the way I love the Clumsy song by Fergie, sometimes I just leave your blog on to play that over and over. It also is a great video! You know I am clumsy with the big feet and all.....