Saturday, June 6, 2009

Church Socks

Jeff and I have an ongoing debate. I hate clothes with holes, snags, etc. If you have a pair of socks with holes in them, when you take them off THROW THEM IN THE TRASH! Sounds logical right? Why waste the energy washing them just to put them in the trash? However, my husband feels that the laundry is the place to put things that need to be thrown out.

So Jeff has a few pair of socks that have worn through on the bottom (however, he does have many pair that are perfectly acceptable). When I am being the wonderful wife that I am and folding his socks, I am just matching pairs up and putting them in his drawer. I don't have time or the inclination to inspect his socks before lovingly folding them and placing them in his drawer. :)
The last time I saw him wearing a pair of these "holey socks" I stuck my finger in the hole and gave it a nice pull. Who would want to wear socks with a big hole on the bottom? So today, I look over to see him sitting on the bed...what do I see? Those dumb socks with a huge hole on the bottom!

So I walked by and gave a nice tug on the hole...Here's what happened (note the hole in the left sock as well).

Let's see if they make it to the laundry again. I have a feeling they will.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Being the conservation minded person I am, I like to use my old socks as shops rags (they work really well), but I am not going to put dirty socks in there.
Also, I like to use my stuff to the fullest extent of their useful life. Don't hate me because I doing my part to reduce my carbon footprint by reducing my cotton footprint!

Kim said...

Um. This is a total lie. Jeff isn't a conservationist. He's cheap. But even if this was some altruistic plan to save the earth, he would be more concerned with the wasted water and electricity to clean them. No one is forcing him to WEAR holey socks. If he really wanted to save them for this purpose, he could take them out of his drawer and put them in his "rag box." (Honestly, I'm not even sure why he has this collection). So don’t believe his lame excuses :)

McB's said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!! So my husband isn't the only one who wears socks with holes. I love how you describe "lovingly" fold and put his socks away, LOL. I don't lovingly do it but I guess I'm a pretty good wife for just even doing it. Hmmm, I wonder what kind of shape they would be in if they didn't have a wife to take care of them :)

Anonymous said...

That is one of my biggest pet peeves, holey socks! Whenever I see one, it's automatically chucked. By the way, I am totally impressed that Jeff cares about the earth the way he does. But any conservationist will tell you that the cotton must be organic.

Kim said...

Naw..If he was really into saving the earth, he would wear bamboo socks. Far fewer resources and much more renewable than cotton.