I'm a student member of a national interior design association and they have an annual job shadowing week. Students are paired with designers all over the country and they get to spend a day following them and learning how they work.
I signed up to follow this cool designer named Deborah who is working as a consultant for E!, Style Network and G4 Channels. Since she is doing so much for them, they had her move her office to their headquarters down by museum row in LA. So On Friday, I got to spend an entire day there.
I won't say that it was gourmet cupcakes and free massages all day, but it was awesome. This facility is HUGE. It's like a giant maze with 2 entire floors, and part of three other ones and is designed very cool with the exposed ceilings and bright colors. We got to go through the studios where they film some of the shows and saw lots of the editing spaces that look like these dark caves where people work. I did get to have some hands on design work as I did some space planning for the expansion where Ryan Seacrest's "team" will be moving their offices. We also met with several of the team members for the buildout during the day.
It was a very busy day and I was a little sad that I had to go home. However, once I drove the hour home in traffic, I was happy to see my girls with Jeff who had taken the day off work and played Mr. Mom-well, sort of :)
9 comments:
You are so cool! An intern...I love it! You truly are one amazing Mom who goes after her dreams:)You do it all! Your awesome!!
It was so fun to see you that night, and how excited you were! Good things are ahead of you I'm sure. :)
Hope you had a nice weekend with your families. And enjoyed the notes we left for you. :)
Very cool!
Don't forget about us when you are a successful,famous billionare!
Kim, you are my hero! Not only painting outside the house, but also being an oh-so-cool intern at E! I love E!
How fun for you! Can you come "interior design" my house? I need a professional?
woops, I meant to say I need a professional with an exclamation point, not a question mark...there is no question there. I'm retarded.
You had me at "free massages".
Hey Kim,I decided to go private with my blog. So, if you would like to be invited just shoot me your email address (I lost yours) to colbyandrae@gmail.com
Post a Comment