Friday, October 10, 2008

DONE!!

I made a deal with Jeff because I really hate my sliding glass patio door (you don't know how many ways I've contemplated "accidentally" breaking this beast). The bargain was that I would paint the trim on the house because it had not been done since we bought it (going on 10 years ago). In return for my services and saving us all that money, he will install my french doors to the backyard.
I was all fired up and ready to tackle this project. I'm certainly not afraid to get my hands dirty and I really like using power tools. I spent several days scraping off old paint, patching areas that needed it and sanding everything down. Last Friday Tarja was so cool to come over and help me paint...at least that was the plan.

We got an early start and I figured all we needed to do was tape everything off and we'd be good to go.

See Tarja at work :)

It was about 5 in the evening when I realized 2 things: 1) we weren't going to get to paint that day because taping off took so long and 2)it was going to RAIN!! It hasn't rained since ?? and of course it has to rain when I'm all ready to do my project. So, much of our hard work was ruined when the wind and rain pulled down the plastic. When the new week started, I was determined to get this finished. One problem: you can't use an airless sprayer in the wind (unless you want to make all your neighbors really angry at you).

So Friday morning I was finally blessed with a morning of no wind :) I went outside and I heard that western showdown music in my head. I was armed with my spray gun and I was going to win this little battle. Using the sprayer was actually pretty fun and it went very fast. So after a long day of painting, I am just happy I'm finished!!!

Now it's on to my next project--Halloween costumes :)

3 comments:

Liz Rose said...

You guys look great out there!!! I'm definately going to do a drive by this week!!!
Thats very cool you swapped for French doors! All about compromise huh!

AJsGirls said...

You guys are hot!

Rosey Posey said...

You guys are awesome! Your house is beautiful. We missed you at the shower. I hope the family is doing ok. We are very sorry for your loss. Let us know if you guys need anything.