Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's on your Ipod?

I need your help. I'm trying to recover from a completely lazy summer where I did almost nothing healthy for myself. I'm back to my running regularly but I have to say that one of my biggest annoyances is a lame song coming on right in the middle of a big hill (for some reason Les Miserables doesn't motivate me to work harder). I have it on shuffle and I just put whatever would fit on it on when I set the thing up. I also have an older play list but I'm sick of most of those songs.

So I don't want to have to think too hard about this so I figure I'd ask you all. What songs motivate you during your workouts? Leave as many ideas as you want in your comment (and if you're just secretly stalking my blog-leave your songs anyway. I won't judge). I get so easily bored and since music is such a big motivator for me I need lots of ideas :) I like just about ALL kinds of music....

9 comments:

Kaye said...

This is like my FAVORITE thing in the world to do! I just put together 4 hours of music for my friend Tiffany that ran a 26.2 mile marathon this weekend....here are some of my favorites:
Where's Your Head At by Basement Jaxx
Stronger by Kanye West
Sexybody by Shaggy
Big Girl by Mika
Lets Go by Trick Daddy (clean version)
push it by Salt n Pepa
Eye of The Tiger by Survivor
Fighter by Christina Aguilera
Wake Me Up Inside by Evanescence
Hey Bitty by Nitty
So, there is just a few. Good Luck!

Rae said...

Ooh, Kaye's are good. Here is what I am listening to on Itunes right now:
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
Closer by Ne-Yo
Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz
The Pretender by Foo Fighters
Disturbia by Rihanna
Forever by Chris Brown
4 Minutes by Madonna, JT & Timbaland
One Step at a Time by Jordin Sparks
Dirty Little Secret & Move Along by All American Rejects
Crushcrushcrush by Paramore
Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
Untouched by The Veronicas
Most of the Chumbawumba album
Precious by Depeche Mode
Journey Greatest Hits Album
I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry (if it doesn't gross you out, it's got a catchy beat)
Linkin Park is good if you can get past the screeching in the middle of some songs.

McB's said...

Alrighty Kim, here you go. These are some I work out to.

4 Minutes - Justin/Madonna
Wind it up - Gwen Stefani
The way I are - Timbaland
Until you love me - 4 Strings
Take me away - DJ Encore
Shake it - Metro Station
As the rush comes (radio edit) - Motorcycle
Burn for you - Kreo
Fergalisious - Fergie
I don't wanna be in love (dance floor anthem) - Good Charlote
Rhianna
Every time we touch (original mix) - Cascada

Try those and see if they work for ya. I'm gonna look up some of Kayes that I don't recognize, I know all of Rae's :)

Kim said...

OOOHH!! Thanks. keep 'em coming :)

Jo said...

I'm as bad as you are, Kim. So I'm no help, but I'm going to steal all of the suggestions off your comments if you don't mind.....

MaryAnn said...

I am an oldies fan. I used to love to run to:
ABC by the Jackson 5,
You can't Hurry Love AND
Dance Into The Light by Phil Collins
I Wanna Be Like You- Big Bad Voodoo Daddies
The way You Do the things you Do-UB40
The Twist- Chubby Checker
Hey Pachuco-Royal Crown Revue
They all have pretty cathy beats. I used them to run up the hills in Provo so I hope they will help you too!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you didn't ask my opinion. I am an expert in such matters. I think the best running playlist ever, should contains songs from the best band ever: Rush.

Here are the songs I recommend. All have a good tempo for running.

Marathon: What better song to start with than a song about running a marathon?
Red Barchetta: An fun song about driving a fast car.
Spirit of the Radio: A great song about music.
YYZ: Maybe the best instrumental ever, and very upbeat.
Farewell to Kings: About doing the right thing for posterities sake.
Fly by Night: Older song about have to leave town to start a new life.
Freewill: About everyone having freedom to choose.
Limelight: What it is like living in the spotlight (I can relate to this, believe me!).
Show, don't tell: About mans loss of faith.
Manhattan Project: As title suggests.
The Pass: One you like a lot (the Razor's edge) about suicide NOT being the answer.

I have way more ideas. More Rush songs to run to, or other bands too. But no music gives you power adrenaline to run than good hard rock!

Kaye said...

Does Jeff get extra points for explaining each song...he's a crack up!

Kim said...

Actually he might, but then he loses all of them for picking such lame songs. Funny how he counts Rush as "hard rock." Yeah Jeff--real hard core stuff there.