Saturday, December 11, 2010

Real Men

Jeff and I went to our first hockey game on Thursday--and I've got a new favorite sport. I love the fast moving, manly men skating across that ice. We were in the 3rd row so we could feel the plexiglass shake when the players would slam each other against it. We were even treated to a couple of fights! After watching them for a few minutes, I realized what wusses some other pro sports guys are. Whenever a basketball player gets bumped, he'll flop to the floor and cry and someone will get punished. In hockey, we saw a fight that went on for at least a minute and the refs just watched. It was great! Now, I'm not a fan of fighting, but its refreshing to see a bunch of testosterone-filled dudes slamming each other around and not being babies about it.
Yup, that's me in a bright red jacket--lesson learned. I will always check out the opposing team's colors when selecting an outfit. It didn't even occur to me as I was getting dressed that morning to check. I felt so retarded when I was sitting there in bright red and gold (Calgary's colors) in a sea of black and purple. Luckily, no one threw anything at me, though I swear a couple of the players did glare at me...

1 comments:

Kelly said...

So fun to see all your posts. I agree completely. Hockey is the best sport to watch live. The fast pace and the fact that it is 3 periods instead of 4 quarters makes it go by fast and you are never bored!