Back in January, I registered for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. I did this knowing that I would be having a baby several weeks before, so I would be nice and motivated to get my running shoes back on.
This was my third time running it. The last time was when Natalie was a baby so it had been a while. Lucas seemed to tolerate all the commotion as calm as ever. 
First, we secure our shoes, so they don't stick in the mud.
Then we make our way over to the start with the 5,500 other runners.
At first its difficult to actually run since there are so many people. 
But the freezing cold fire hoses make a little room.
The river crossings make your shoes nice and heavy.
Just in time for the steep hill
Once you hit the first mud pit/wall you have a little break while you wait your turn.
Then you get to cross the lake. They say it's only 4.5 feet deep,
but lucky me, I got to swim the whole thing.
And if you didn't get muddy enough, there's the last crawl through the mud.

Yup, that's what I call a good time.
3 comments:
Look at how happy you look. :)
And that look like my fun-loving friend Sara with you! Way to go, you guys!
That looks like so much fun!! That's awesome!
Post a Comment