Saturday, February 14, 2009

What is Wrong With Them?

I love mornings when the girls come in our bed and snuggle before they start bugging us for something to eat. This morning was no different and the question inevitably came, "What's for breakfast?" I like to make Valentine's Day special for the kids, so I usually make them something fun like heart shaped muffins or something to start the day off right.

Since V-day is what the girls refer to as a "candy holiday," I thought what the heck. I told them that we were having pie. Yup, I told my kids they could have pie for breakfast (mother of the year, I know). I had every intention of letting them have some of of the Chocolate Satin pie in the fridge. Why not? I never let them eat stuff like that in the morning...But all three of them made the same shocking comment, "Gross!"

What the crap?!!!?? None of them wanted pie for breakfast? I was beyond shocked. I could understand Jeff not wanting pie, but what kind of kid turns down pie for breakfast? Crazy...

8 comments:

drdoolittle83 said...

Ok are you sure that they are really your kids? Anyone with moody genes would never turn down pie!!! Heck mom and dad bought gouchos, oreos, a gallon of milk, a bottle of rootbeer and a big container of vanilla ice cream and called that dinner for us before. We never complained!!

Kaye said...

That is hilarious....thanks for the laugh!

Pam said...

Oh...these health conscious kids today! Whatever! Pie sounds good for any meal : )Too funny!

Kim said...

Sara, a benefit of being one of the younger kids is that you get cookies, ice cream, soda and milk for dinner. No such luck with us older ones :)

Jo said...

I know!!! What is up with these kids today??? I don't get it. Any time you'ld like to have pie for breakfast let me know. I'm totally in!

AJsGirls said...

I've eaten stuff like that for breakfast before! I would today if the mood struck...

cooksonclan said...

Maybe it was the type of pie! I'd pass on Choc silk, too! But if it were cheesecake, or Kalua Cream Cheese.....yuummmy! Silly girls!

MyKnights said...

Just wanted to say hi:)